Written reviews of what the team members have been up to
A while back in our Aragon Governance Proposal AGP7: Merge Aragon HQ and Community meetings it was proposed and decided that our previous Aragon HQ and Community Meetings would merge into one monthly meeting.
Team members will produce a write-up of the most important things they have worked on since last Community Meeting, the problems they have found and what they plan to do in the next weeks (that can be a bit blurry, and that's fine). These write-ups will be published as a blog post for the community to review on Monday before Friday's meeting.
Community Meeting 07 will take place on Friday January 5th at 5PM CET / 11AM EDT, the upcoming livestream and a recording of the meeting can be found at https://www.youtube.com/c/AragonProject. And feel free to post any questions you might have for the team in the Community Meeting 07 AMA thread!
Aragon Community Meeting 07 Write-Ups of December 2017
Completed Trial Week in Madrid
with Maria, Luis, and Jorge!
Finished reading through all documentation, past meeting notes, and all receipts, expenses, and services for the Foundation
Organizing and cleaning up finances
for reporting and closure of the 2017 fiscal year
Working with Aragon Foundation accountants
and Maria to understand requirements for processes of reporting
Streamlining Payroll and Expense Reimbursement procedures
Miscellaneous dealings with Crypto-Service Providers
and find secure and dependable channel for financial reporting with accountants
Migrate File Management Service
Create monthly budgets
and expense breakdowns to further understand and predict how Foundationmoney is and will be spent
Plan and execute Q1 Team Offsite
Help with logistics for Q1 Events/MeetUps/etc
Look for new ways to ensure privacy
while streamlining all operations processes
Aragon ID (@aragon/aragon-id)
- Documentation, rationale, and use cases
- New components:
- Reworked old components:
Button (and AnchorButton)
- Small quality-of-life upgrades for building and development
- Settings (UI)
- 404 App Not Found
- Help Oliver with integration with aragon-js
- Write wiki entry
- New components as necessary
- IFrame loader for apps in DApp
- More app frontends
- Connecting app frontends to aragon-js
Finish onboarding for new role
- Install team software, sign up for team accounts
- Join external community chat groups
- Set up one-on-ones with core team members
- Familiarize myself with internal docs and processes
Aragon Interactive Demo Series
- Create plan outline
- Set up event RSVP system
- Begin writing scenario stories
- Blocked from finishing until 0.5 is ready for internal testing so I can write stories around the new UX
2018 Community Growth and Engagement Plan
- Began working on the outline, goal is to finish by the end of January
- We experienced 23% mo/mo growth across community channels in December, twice the rate of October and November
- Finish Aragon Interactive Demo Series planning document, write formal announcement once ready
- Finish 2018 Community Growth and Engagement Plan
- Help plan involvement in upcoming events
- Review wiki, Rocket Chat, AragonProject subreddit, Github, and community code of conduct and update as needed
- Keep community stats updated and be available to help out in community channels
- Planning next audits and public bounty program.
- Improvements on deployment for aragonOS.
- Can't extend more, but significant work occurred.
- Improvements are being implemented now.
- Tons of code review.
- Helped structure new bonus model.
- Interviews for Aragon Nest and candidates.
- Small Christmas vacation 🎅
- Helped hiring for
Operations Assistant: Welcome, Alexa!
- Helped making progress on Design Lead position
- Bonuses/reward structure for the core team
- Talk to some other projects that may start grants programs
- Put more detail into list of possible grants
- Commented on multiple GitHub issues
- Kickstart migration to Flow (thx John for suggesting it!)
- Made a tool to automate expense reporting for team members
- Continued token buyback
- Legal stuff
- Reviewed all ALPs
- Reduce number of tools we rely on
- Make sure next offsite happens
- Help Maria launch Grants
- Make progress on encouraging multiple teams to work/build on Aragon
- Help with 0.5
Aragon Research Project
- Coordinating cross-project collaboration on aragonOS compatible implementations of Token Curated Registries and Liquid Democracy.
- Created labs repo for tracking research proposals
- ALP01: Carbon Feedback for github issues
- ALP02: Token-weighted github issue prioritization
- ALP03: Proxy/Delegate Voting
- ALP04: Delegation Chains
- ALP05: Off-chain tabulation
- ALP06: Decision Domain delegation
- ALP07: Futarchy
- Governance and Network Effects Medium post
- ETHCommons: Cryptoeconomic Primitives Recorded call on youtube
- ETHCommons: Decentralized Governance Recorded call on youtube
- District0x: Governance Mixer Recorded call on youtube
Aragon Research Project
- Project kickoff and public timeline for TCR and Liquid Democracy working group.
- Work on improving community involvement and engagement in the labs process
- Continue ongoing research efforts
- Experiment with Signaling/CarbonFeedback dapp
- Worked on Aragon Nest: started working on call for proposals/application process
- Supported the Aragon research project: contacted some of the projects participants
- Continued developing the other initiatives/projects we will be announcing in 2018
- Worked on the open source licenses to help the team decide on the best licenses for Aragon and started creating a AGP on software licenses
- Helped onboarding Alexa: operations assistant
- Worked on team incentives
- Worked with accountants on several matters regarding the closing of the fiscal year
- Worked on the different legal matters
- Launch Aragon Nest, announce the call for proposals/application process
- Continue working on the other initiatives/projects
- Transaction pathing is done (tests pending)
- Started work on splitting node-aragon in two and renaming it to aragon.js
Aragon CLI is the primary development tool for bootstrapping and publishing Aragon apps.
- Finished the initial refactor!
- New UX
- New commands (bootstrap for creating projects from templates)
- Better configuration of RPC providers amongst other options
- Better error reporting
- Started initial work on commands to bootstrap a development environment (as opposed to reading lengthy guides and doing it manually)
- Did a small patch to make the notification panel animation a bit faster
Radspec is an alternative DSL to Natspec, but unlike Natspec, it is safe to use and it supports external calls via Web3.
This is an important part of the overall UX of Aragon, since it will be used to turn transaction data into something human-readable.
- Published the repository
- Finished the lexer and the parser
- Almost finished the evaluator
- Radspec is close to being ready for initial use
- Did an initial prototype on APM as an Aragon app. This will allow people to easily have a governance layer over their package repositories, such as deciding who and when people can publish packages.
- Migrated all my tasks to Flow
- Celebrated Yule 🎄
Finish Radspec 1.0.0
There's a few missing things for Radspec to be done, such as groupings (
)) and if-statements (
cond ? a : b).
Tests for transaction pathing
Testing node-aragon is hard because it needs a full DAO. Work on this is underway, but I want to finish it to ensure nothing breaks in newer versions.
node-aragon initial release
There's a few unimplemented RPC calls in node-aragon that need to be implemented for the initial release, and I want to finish these as well (notifications, app contexts, ...)
- New base, using Aragon UI
- Home screen
- Added BadgeNumber
- Added CircleGraph
- Updated DropDown: extensible width + better default state
- Updated Card: dimensions can now be set
- Various improvements
- Add the missing apps to the new wrapper
- Use node-aragon
- Add a focus state accross components, based on the DropDown focus
- Add more components as needed
- Keep improving:
- Consistency (Visual + API)
- Blog post to introduce Aragon UI
Working on the wiki
Many updates to the wiki, creating new issues for people to contribute, reviewed Pull Requests and merged them.
- Team Interviews: John, Aragon's Community Lead
- Introducing Aragon Nest
- Team Interviews: Alexa, Aragon's Operations Assistant
Provide feedback, help polish and review blog posts by others
- Small changes to the layout of the Homepage of the blog
- Design the procedure and create a documentation for our internal Process for Publishing
Help John with things
- List of some community chats
- Guide for updating wiki
- Updating community stats scraper
- General talking to people and welcoming them
Discuss the new Crypto Communities project of Rocket Chat with their team
More wiki updates
Continue working on improving the wiki
More blog posts
There will be more posts coming
Start the Monthly Newsletter
Continue working on overall communication strategy
Start preparing communications for next software releases
That's it for the month of December, as we move forward, these new Community Meetings and Write-Ups will become a monthly thing, so let us know what you think of this new format and do join us at the Meeting livestream to ask questions and discuss everything that has been going on!
To keep up with the progress of Aragon:
Subscribe to Aragon One Blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox